WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world’s best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Join us. Shape your story here.
The Director, Corporate Communications, France, Germany & Nordics will be responsible for supporting the Head of Communications International and the VP Corporate Communication, EMEA, on corporate communications across WMI’s businesses in France, Germany & the Nordics. In doing so, they will help to build the reputation of the company among key stakeholders, in particular the media, investors and commercial partners.
- Provide communications leadership for WMI in France, Germany & the Nordics on a range of matters including helping develop and execute a corporate communications strategy for those countries, liaising closely with publicity managers and communication partners in the region.
- Communicate WarnerMedia’s position on industry issues with the media and other stakeholders.
- Lead on reputational support for WarnerMedia, including crisis communications.
- Build on existing relationships with key stakeholders, news outlets and advocacy partners. Identify new industry partners in France, Germany & the Nordics.
- Support Country Managers and their leadership teams to build the external profile of WarnerMedia including maintaining a regular dialogue with key influencers in France, Germany & the Nordics.
- Support development of all communications materials – press releases, key messaging, Q&As, fact sheets, investor presentations, speeches, corporate presentations.
- Draft to a very high standard briefing materials for senior management to support media and investor engagement.
- Liaise closely with the centralised internal communications team on key announcements and employee engagement.
- Build relationships with key relevant media.
- Monitor all relevant press coverage across print media, broadcast media, online.
- Maintain relationships with key relevant media in France, Germany & the Nordics.
Areas of Accountability
- Reports into Head of Communications, International, with a dotted line to the VP, Corporate Communications, EMEA.
- Working with a talented centralised Communications teams based across EMEA territories, the Director, Corporate Communications, France, Germany & Nordics will directly support the Country Managers and the key senior business leaders across France, Germany & the Nordics regarding all corporate communications activities.
- Superior writer, with excellent attention to detail.
- Unflappable and level-headed, with relevant experience in financial/corporate communications, ideally gained in a financial PR agency.
- Proven capacity to work across international markets effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a collaborative and team-oriented approach.
- Ability to work with colleagues in different countries and understand cultural nuances.
- Strategic thinker and highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities effectively, while operating in ambiguous settings.
- Proven ability to develop proactive communications strategies that drive measurable results.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills.
- Impeccable judgment and decision-making skills, with the ability to interact productively with stakeholders.
The Nice to Haves
- Ability to speak additional languages, in particular French and German.
- Master’s degree in Business / Mass Communications or another related field.
- Relationships with journalists.
- Basic to intermediary financial training.
- Experience of high-profile crisis management.
- Media industry experience.
- Experience of investor relations.
- Understanding of the press and how it operates Competency assessment.
- Excellent academic credentials and references.
At WarnerMedia, we believe that the most successful businesses reflect the diverse customers (communities) they serve. We nurture and celebrate our people and work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone, regardless of gender, race, religion, sexual orientation and background.
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.